Saturday, September 1, 2007

I HATE GEORGE BUSH

my friend, a local artist, recently showed me some of her work. i was particularly intrigued by the george bush hating deer image. she explained that the overwhelming distaste for bush & his administration is always on her mind, in the air, around us all, clouding the creative process and intertwined with the everyday mundane (or not so mundane) tasks we plod through each day. i love her work and thoughts that are provoked behind each piece.

here is an excerpt from her artist statement and my favorite piece in this series.

"I am drawn to representations of desire: images that are designed to make us crave the objects they present. In this series, catalogues are examined and their idealized representations are indexed. Obsessively drawn, they mirror the pervasive, psychological control and subsequent unease of consumerism."


discover and support your local artists! you can see my friend's work at the fall suburbia show at the jersey city museum.

No comments: