Monday, September 24, 2007

Hillary Makes Me Nervous

I am trying to get used to the idea that she will be the nominee. Can I get excited about it? She is saying now that she will not vote for any more money to support the war in Iraq without a time table to bring the troops home. That is a good thing.

In this video, however Clinton was on This Week (as well as every show on Sunday) and said she could not pledge to bring troops home in her first term. Ok, that will be nine years in Iraq. And she cannot pledge to bring our troops home? That makes me nervous as hell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kid,
I do agree with you. But, I like her answer. She is looking at the entire situation and saying we are in a mess and we have no quick fix to this mess we are in.

T$

Anonymous said...

She is being honest, or being centrist. This is not the same thing. If she says that she will fight to end this war as quickly as possible, and makes some sort of ultimatum, the Republicans will attempt to fry her with the statement, but if she clings to the top of the fence, she cannot be accused of "running away from the problem" or "surrendering" or "not supporting our troops" all keywords for indefinite war in Iraq.

Anonymous said...

I have a quick fix. Get out! Now! I understand completely (T$) what you are saying...I just don't see nor will I ever see the logic behind military troops there. This is not a war anyone can win...now is time for reconciliation between the parties. The American Troops give a target for all of the factions over there...take us out and I think the situation gets markedly better.

Troops can stay in the region, though I believe it should be a United Nations effort, not an American effort.