1. Number of confirmed suicides in U.S. Army in 2006: 102
2. Number of years since accurate record-keeping began in 1981 that the rate was as high: 0
3. Chance that an Iraq war veteran who has served two or more tours now has post-traumatic stress disorder: 1 in 4
4. Percentage of Democrats in 2006 who said they supported the Iraq war when it began: 21
5. Percentage of Democrats in March 2003 who said they supported the war: 46
This information is the latest available as of December 2007. Stats from Harper's Index
Note: The criminal invasion and occupation of a sovereign state is still an issue. Our economy, and bloated debts do not exactly lighten when we spend almost $500 billion on a lie, and continue to do so. How we will end the travesty must be discussed. How a government can "inject" life into a failing economy and still throw it away in Iraq is beyond me.