Saturday, May 5, 2007

More Space Needed

I like to read, when I can, http://www.dailykos.com. This is an immenently erudite political blog, and the news it presents is seldom heard anywhere else. Today, when I was checking it out, a posting caught my eye, entitled, "Wall of the Fallen." Instead of trying to paraphrase its main idea, here it is verbatim:

"
In a grim sign of the times, the "Wall of the Fallen," set up by House Republican leaders in June, is almost full. The mounting death toll from Iraq has forced U.S. House staffers to study how to reconfigure the display in the lobby of the Rayburn Building - the largest office building for members of Congress - to squeeze in more names.
...New names are added to the display every few months, but none have been added since November. [...]
In the current format, there is space for about 130 more names, but 506 Americans have died since mid-November.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the dailykos. Sometimes I think they are little less radical/subversive than I would like, but all in all it is one of the best blogs out there...who have done great things...ie almost getting rid of Lieberman!!