Friday, December 21, 2007

Can You Say Bernie Goetz All Over Again?

While we are on the particularly controversial topic of race, if you have not heard of the case of Joe Horn who shot two black Colombian men in the back while they were robbing his neighbor's house. As of yet, it is my understanding the man has not yet been charged with a crime. The Black Panthers are calling for murder charges. After listening to the 911 call I agree. Here it is below. It is not for the faint of heart, but I believe it is important in light of guns being the overwhelming culprit in this case. No gun, no deaths, just property gone. Even then, the two men were on the verge of being caught. It happened in Pasadena, TX and word is now the two men were running away from him while he shot them in the back. And a plain clothes policeman had just arrived on the scene.



If the video is not working above, use this link.

5 comments:

magda flores said...

We need our Texas lawyer friends on this one. As fucked up as it is, I do believe it is legal to shoot someone who is on your property if they are stealing from you in Texas.

Reason #567,342 that I'm glad I'm out of Texas.

Anonymous said...

Did you listen to it, though? It was completely premeditated. I didn't post also a protest by the black panthers that looked something out of a 1960's protest of blacks and whites screaming at one another.

It is simply alarming. I would love to hear 567,341 previous reasons. I am sure the 2000 election has to rank up there.

magda flores said...

Actually I didn't listen to it because it didn't work. But I did find a Houston Chronicle article on it. Not surprisingly, they didn't mention that.

The 2000 election actually made my list of things that make me want to leave the US. Reason #1 - Almost half of the voting public did not know that Bush was a terrible governor and therefore would be a terrible president. Reason #2 - The 2004 Election.

Anonymous said...

I fixed the link and if it doesn't provided another one. Though, it ain't pleasant.

Anonymous said...

I fixed the link and if it doesn't provided another one. Though, it ain't pleasant.