Thursday, November 8, 2007

your friendly neighborhood library

neglecting your neighborhood library? take another look. it's still the best deal around for free stuff. i've always loved the library. who hasn't? that little card gives access to so much...

the hoboken library is right across the park, less than 2 blocks from our home. it's housed in a lovely old building with museum-like art. when i didn't have internet access, the library helped me out with its free computer lab.

other perks for free membership:

**entertainment... movies, CDs and DVDs. while i have to wait on a list for the more popular movies, at least i'm not paying $$ to blockbuster!

**interlibrary loans... if hoboken doesn't stock my latest graphic novel picks, i search online from a database of many county libraries. after a quick online request and short wait, my book arrives!

**according to ideal bite, library use saves paper and oil: "More than 3.1 billion books are purchased in the United States each year, and most are made from nonrecycled paper and petroleum-based inks." and think of all the plastic saved from sharing DVDs and CDs!

**programming... our library has monthly special events, author appearances, and art exhibits (old photos of hoboken, local art, and more).

find your public library here and enjoy the perks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

La Francaise, do they have Volver? Let us get Volver. Friday.

Anonymous said...

I am so fortunate to live so close to the Kellogg-Hubbard Library in Montpelier. I can walk there. I love my library! There are so many events that happen. I can't remember the last time I bought a book. Why buy when you can borrow?