Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Rethinking Evolution

Upon the election that are getting closer (Distance and Time are a relative terms) and while the political debate is getting hotter, moving steadily into the center of attention, I felt that it is time to come out of my so called intellectual closet and admit it: I am rethinking Evolution.

Me, the one that used to get upset stomach every time an opposing explanation was raised around, and don’t get me wrong, even though I never believed in god whatever her name is, I did not have any problems of accepting her into the equation of human being. It’s not that I accepted her but more like that I tolerate people that believed she is a valid part of existence (as long as they accepted my right to oppose it or better say to doubt it).

But as an observer, which can spend all his energy in thinking about what I see and read in the media due to the fact that I can’t, even if I wants, to actively participate, I slowly realized, that there is no way in the world that “Number One” can look at himself in the mirror and believe in Evolution, I mean, him standing there as “Number One”, he out of all the people, is already a tough contradiction, or better said flaw in the theory of evolution.

Furthermore, I Can’t imagine Number Twos, whatever their name are at the current moment, Looking at themselves in the mirror, without having the same creepy feeling that something is wrong with the theory as seen in the mirror.
And so their opinions on the matter suddenly make more sense than ever, and looking at them through the media, even I got my doubts about it. It’s hard to digest it but reality keeps blowing in my face, and no evolution theory can explain, Number One, Number Twos or any of their decisions.

No comments: