Tuesday, November 27, 2007

THE ELEGANT UNIVERSE

local hoboken artist femi ford has a new exhibit, the elegant universe... check out the reception on dec. 1 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Gala Pilates Studio, 262 first street in the mile square city. a few weeks ago, i met with the artist in her studio and saw a sneak peek of studies of these fantastic tableaux. she also explained the process of etching and how she developed this project.

a recent article in the waterfront journal and on nj.com highlights her work and influence for this show:

Using mixed media, I explore how time, space, and energy are related and as a result some work rests calm and serene while others are tumultuous and aggressive. I am inspired by "String Theory"; many physicists now believe that strings -- minuscule multidimensional vibrating strands of energy thought to make up all matter -- hold the key to uniting the world of the very large and the very small in a single theory sought by Einstein and countless others.
While incorporating these ideas and theories, my paintings & etchings have leaned towards abstract expressions. My strong affinity with physics and water leads me to create works that are fluid and organic. The creative process is my passion and serves as an outlet for my emotions. I enjoy the feeling of freedom & solitude when creating art and enjoy getting lost in my work.

more of femi's art: paintings and etchings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait Femi