Friday, November 2, 2007

I know waterboarding is torture - because I did it myself

I seldom direct people to read the New York Daily News, but there was a powerful Op-ed piece that ran yesterday. "I know waterboarding is torture - because I did it myself" by Malcolm Nance speaks the plain facts about waterboarding on which the administration, Michael Mukasey, and even Congress have waivered. If you read the piece and peruse his bio, you will see Mr. Nance speaks from authority because he speaks from experience. He has administered waterboarding, but he has also experienced it.

I wonder if Mr. Mukasey and members of Congress, the administration, and the courts for that matter, would be willing to submit themselves to the practice of waterboarding as a way of helping themselves determine whether or not it is torture. Forgive the awful pun, but I am not going to hold my breath to wait and find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great stuff Glory. How anyone in their right mind can say this "waterboarding" isn't torture boggles the mind. I like the Rethuglican pundit yesterday who referred to it as "one man;s torture is anothers swim lesson." Uggh!