Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Michael Moore's Sicko


The new Michael Moore (who is currently being investigated by the treasury department, I would call this a victory not a defeat) film, Sicko is set to be released June 29, 2007. I read a review (albeit not a cinematic one) of the film by a blogger on Daily Kos that said:

"Life in America as you and I know it, won't be the same once the SiCKO train leaves the station. Mark my words, all of America will be talking about SiCKO. This diary is just the beginning. To say that it shines a spotlight on our national catastrophe doesn't begin to describe the impact it will have. It is the most searing filmmaking I have ever seen, eclipsing even Fahrenheit 9/11 in its raw, gritty power. The movie is opening on June 29th. If this flawless work of genius doesn't change the course of history, then as I said to someone this afternoon, I'm outta here, cause it will be all the proof I need, that the United States has terminal cancer. I'll know the great experiment is on life support. What will have killed it? In a word, greed."

Powerful words. Read the rest of the review/diary here. And go see an interview with Michael Moore on Good Morning America. He accuses the media of complicity in Iraq and now healthcare. Wonderful stuff, Michael.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should sit up and listen, and I think they will. i wrote about Mr. Moore and his being investigated, and I hope that his film can have even more of an impact than his previous. Greed does run the US, and it is destroying it, too.