Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Clinton Campaign Expands Tactics to Include the Procees Itself

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign intends to go after delegates whom Barack Obama has already won in the caucuses and primaries if she needs them to win the nomination.
This strategy was confirmed to me by a high-ranking Clinton official on Monday. And I am not talking about superdelegates, those 795 party big shots who are not pledged to anybody. I am talking about getting pledged delegates to switch sides...

"I swear it is not happening now, but as we get closer to the convention, if it is a stalemate, everybody will be going after everybody’s delegates," a senior Clinton official told me Monday afternoon. "All the rules will be going out the window."

This is really unbelievable and unprecedented. Do we forget how thirsty for power the Clintons were and are? Though, I don't believe these tactics will work, it makes me think that my support for Mrs. Clinton will be in serious jeopardy if Obama fails to win the nomination.

Check Daily Kos for more.

No comments: