Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Five Year Anniversary: House Votes to Authorize Iraq War

Five years ago today, the House of Representatives voted to authorize the military force against Iraq. At 3:05 pm on Oct. 10, 2002, the House registered a 296-133 vote in approval of Bush’s request. Bush immediately hailed the vote: “I would like to thank the members of the House of Representatives, just as I thanked Speaker Hastert and Leader Gephardt a few minutes ago, for the very strong bipartisan vote authorizing the use of force in Iraq if it becomes necessary.” Here is the list of 133 House members who courageously voted no:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE EXPUNGEMENT OF SIN

What shall I do, my darling? This
Is five years since began
This awful war, and scourge of bliss:
How to commemorate the span?

The answer, John, is hie thee to
The river, plunging head
Beneath the wet, and never do
Release expunging but when dead.

Anonymous said...

Your talent is more than I can take imsmall. And is not my name Kid Radical? Who is John?