Monday, April 30, 2007

More Troops (and Iraqis) Keep Dying

Just so we know 103 troops have died this month and the number of troops dead in the war is 3350 total American deaths in Iraq. Since no one cares about dead Iraqis I thought it important to post a number that at least all Americans can agree is worth caring about. I was at the gym yesterday watching Lou "I hate all immigrants" Dobbs yesterday and he was discussing the war and the death toll...and said: We have over 3345 troops dead and 24,000 wounded Americans and then in passing said: "and the death toll for Iraqis" and then continued.

Why are Iraqi deaths not worth as much? This I will never understand...no matter how many xenophobic or pseudo patriotic articles pass my desk.

Regardless the Iraq body count puts the minimum total of dead Iraqis at 62,570. I am not sure how they define "civilians" as opposed to "insurgents," but at least this is a number everyone agrees has occurred. But, I remind you there are numbers out there that describe the full Iraqi death toll over 500,000, a mind boggling number.

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/042907Z.shtml

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I would like to see is a count of how many Iraqis' and Americans' lives have been ruined by the death or wounding of a family member. How many children have no father or mother, or how many parents have lost a child in this bloodbath. There is a number that you will NEVER see on the ass-kissing mainstream media.