Saturday, December 27, 2008

An Open Letter to President-elect Obama regarding my Personal Disappointment at the Choice of Rick Warren to Deliver the Inaugural Invocation

Dear Mr. Obama,

My disappointment goes beyond the fact that you chose someone to speak at the inauguration who does not support same-sex marriage rights, because quite frankly, neither do you. But Rev. Warren believes my very existence as a gay man is flawed, that by my living my life honestly and openly, I am acting upon deviant impulses. But this American was made by and in the image of God, just like you and just like Rev. Warren. I pray you will both come to that understanding. I hope you can appreciate my disappoint in your choice.

Best of luck on the 21st.

Sincerely,
Ed Campanelli

2 comments:

libhom said...

This should be a wakeup call to the queer community. We can't trust any politician.

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully said, Glory...brevity is the key...but I don't think they appreciate you/our disappointment. I don't see obama's people understanding...it is tremendously disappointing. But, here is hoping. After all it is a new year.